Let’s Talk About Medicines is a free one-hour educational program developed by Wisconsin Health Literacy to help participants obtain a better understanding of how to more safely and effectively use medicine, which can lead to better health.
Program topics include:
• Understanding the main parts of a prescription medicine label
• How to read and interpret special instructions on the label
• Types of containers and labels for solid and liquid medicines
• Dosage instructions and strategies to remember to take your medicine
• Information about over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and how they may interact with other medicines
• Basic storage techniques and more!
Each participant is provided with a free pillbox and workbook to take home, plus the chance to enter into a cash prize drawing at the end of the program.
This project is supported by Security Health Plan.LTAM Poster