Our organization and the senior adults in our community rely on the power of volunteers to provide quality services to those in need and to ensure our programs and events are a success. Come join our mission of keeping people happy, living well, and staying connected as they age for those on the North/Eastside.
Any help is appreciated, whether through individual long term volunteer help or through a one-time group project! Please view our available opportunities below, and feel free to contact us with any questions.
If you are an individual or group looking for a one-time opportunity, first view available opportunities on our organization’s VolunteerYourTime page. If those opportunities do not work for you, please e-mail the Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator, Larry Jolón, or call him at (608) 243-5252 x 204.
Otherwise, please complete our volunteer application online or send a printed application to our offices (forms listed below). After submitting your application, you will be contacted within 3-5 business days for an interview and/or orientation depending on the volunteer position:
- English Online Volunteer Application Form
- English Volunteer Application
- Formulario de Aplicación de Voluntario En Línea en Español
- Aplicación de Voluntario en Español
Current Volunteer Needs (updated 11/17/2017):
- Upcoming Special Events
- Perfect for one-time help or large groups looking to get involved!
- Front Office Volunteer
- Are you looking for an opportunity to be the first point of contact for our senior adults and supporters, help facilitate our office processes, while assisting an organization that provides diverse services to seniors in the North/Eastside community? Then come support the NESCO team and join our wonderful office volunteer team!
- Home Chore Volunteer
- Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that is flexible with your busy schedule, but allows you to make a difference for someone in need? Consider our Home Chore program – you will assist frail and limited income older adults so they can remain independent and in their own homes.
- Bingo Caller Volunteer
- Are you a fan of games and are looking for a fun volunteering opportunity? Bingo is an incredibly popular game with our senior adults, helps keep their minds sharp, and is another avenue for them to socialize. Consider joining the Programs team as a Bingo caller today!
- Latinx Program Volunteer Assistant
- As the only senior adult non-profit coaltion that provides programming for the Latinx community, we prioritize creating engaging opportunities and needed support for this underserved population. Help assist our Latinx Cultural Diversity Specialist continue providing quality programming during our monthly discussion groups!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Grocery Delivery Volunteer
- Some of our senior adults struggle to travel to the grocery store, and may need supplemental food to ensure a healthy and balanced diet. Are you looking for an opportunity to make an immediate impact and create a lasting relationship with a senior in our community? Our Grocery Delivery team would love to have you!
- Newsletter Volunteer
- The NESCO monthly newsletter is one of our main methods of outreach to all of our NESCO members about all the programs and services we offer. If you are looking for a monthly opportunity that allows you to make an immediate impact, join our team of volunteers to ensure our members are mailed!
- One-Time Program Facilitator
- Our senior adults are always looking for new opportunities to learn, be engaged, and stay active. Is there a workshop you like to run, have a lesson you would like to teach, or have skills you would like to share? Do you need an opportunity that fits your busy schedule? Consider running a one-time program for NESCO!
- Program Aide
- Do you have a passion for working with senior adults, and enjoy providing engaging opportunities for the community? Are you looking for a leadership opportunity that allows you to build lasting relationships with members of our community? Then consider joining our Programs team!
- Support Group Facilitator
- Life takes unexpected turns: our senior adults may be struggling with illness, may have lost a loved one, or needs a safe space. Support groups help bring struggling community members together, and ensures that they feel supported. If you want to make an immediate impact as a supportive and compassionate volunteer, consider peer leading one of our support groups!
Do you have further questions? Please e-mail the Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator, Larry Jolón, or call him at (608) 243-5252 x 204.